The enduring values of the Family International are
Passion for God. We love God with our hearts, souls, minds, and strength. We seek a close personal relationship with Jesus, and to grow in emulating His attributes and living His love.
- Psalm 40:8, 42:1–2; Matthew 22:37–38; 1 John 5:3; Galatians 5:22–23
Pursuing God’s Spirit. We desire to know and understand the truth of God’s Word, the essence of His divine nature. We value the foundational principles of the written Word, hearing from God, and following His guidance.
- Psalm 1:2, 119:105; John 14:23; Colossians 3:16; Acts 2:17–18; John 4:24
Discipleship. We encourage individuals to follow Jesus according to the personal call He gives them, and to enact their commitment to God’s will for their lives.
- Luke 9:23; John 13:35; 2 Timothy 1:9; John 8:31–32; Romans 12:1–2
Love for humankind. God’s unconditional love for humanity that knows no boundaries of race, creed, or status, motivates and guides us to help meet the needs of those we come in contact with, whether spiritually or practically.
- Matthew 5:14–16, 9:36, 25:35–40; 2 Corinthians 5:14a; Ephesians 5:1
The power of one. We value each individual and his or her unique talents, skills, and strengths. We believe that every person can contribute to changing the world by changing one heart at a time.
- 1 Corinthians 1:26–29; 1 Samuel 14:6b; Romans 8:31; John 15:16; Philippians 4:13
A sense of community. We believe that our faith is meant to be lived in community and camaraderie with others. We seek to cultivate a spirit of unity, love, and brotherhood. Together we can do more.
- John 15:12–13; Galatians 6:10; 1 John 3:16; Psalm 133:1; Galatians 6:2
Spiritual solutions. We apply spiritual principles to everyday challenges to overcome obstacles, resolve conflict, maximize potential, and heal hearts. We seek to share our spiritual wealth and knowledge with others.
- John 6:63; 2 Corinthians 1:4; Luke 4:18; Hebrews 13:16; John 14:12
Diversity and innovation. In ministry and mission service, creativity and personal initiative are highly valued. When God guides, and we take action to follow Him, anything is possible.
- Ecclesiastes 9:10; 1 Corinthians 12:4–7,11,12; Ephesians 3:20–21; 2 Timothy 1:6; Matthew 19:26
Living “as unto Him.” We put our faith into action and reach out to weary and troubled hearts, the disadvantaged, downtrodden, and needy, as unto Jesus.
- John 13:15; 1 John 3:16–18; Matthew 25:40; 2 Corinthians 4:5, 5:20